Notice to Competitors
1. If you need a ruling or have a question call 865-323-9181.
2. 15-18 Boys will play from the gold tees (we will move gold tee to the blue teeing ground on 7 and 16) 12-14 boys will play from the blue tees. All girls will play from the white tees.
3. Any group that is more than a hole behind the forward group may be asked to take measures to speed up play.
WHEN YOU REACH THE GREEN ON HOLE 2, PLEASE MARK YOU BALLS, MOVE TO THE CART PATH, AND ALLOW THE GROUP BEHIND TO HIT AN APPROACH IF THEY ARE READY. (SEE PACE OF PLAY HINTS HERE)
4. Disruptive or unsportsmanlike behavior is subject to penalty and disqualification.
5. Caddies should enhance the pace of play, etiquette, and overall mood. Please be constructive and not disruptive. Don’t overdo it. Please review the caddie policy. HERE
6. Each player has a responsibility to the entire field to score a competitors scorecard in a timely and accurate manner. Please score the cards at the next tee after each hole. Players should report to the scorer’s table immediately upon completion of play.
7. There are many lateral penalty areas on Egwani. These are marked by a red line or stake. Please review proper options (4) regarding red penalty areas. NEW IN 2021 WE ARE GOING TO CHOOSE THE OPTION TO MAKE ALL TALL GRASSES LATERAL PENALTY AREAS AS ALLOWED IN TH NEW RULES OF GOLF 2019-20. ALL UNMOWED TALL GRASSES WILL BE PLAYED AS LATERAL RED HAZARDS. CALL THE NUMBER ABOVE IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION.
8. Out of bounds stakes have been removed from number 2 and replaced with red stakes. Really the only out of bounds would be over the fence beside the 2nd green.
9. There will be a drop circle at the bottom of the hill on hole Number 11. The girls and 12-14 boys (about 240 yards) will play from a tee at the top of the hill. Any tee shot that goes into a hazard for these two groups, the next shot MUST be played from the drop zone at the bottom of the hill with the one shot penalty. The 15-18 boys will use the drop zone only if their second or later shot over the hill enters the hazard.
10. The rules of golf as defined in the “USGA Rules of Golf 2021-22” will be the rules in play for this tournament. Ruling officials will be Rob Daugherty (USGA certified) Tina Saunders (USGA master rules official). This committee, excepting a conflict of interest, will make rulings.
11. Please silence your cell phones and use them only for a ruling or to check the notice.
12. Range balls will be provided. Please limit yourself to one basket before each round.
13. Spectator Carts are for rent for $20. We encourage all spectators to keep carts on the cart path at all times. Caddies cannot ride in a cart. Egwani's carts are computer controlled and if you try to drive through many open areas your cart will SHUT OFF.
14. Range finders are permitted in this tournament. The player and/or caddy can use them at any time. These devices are not to indicate the slope or wind speed.
15. Rides on a cart are permitted from the ninth green to the tenth tee and from 18th green to 1st tee. Rides can be given by any cart for a lost ball or a ball out of bounds. The ride should be from the area of the lost ball back to the previous spot and back only. No other rides are permitted.